Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is the crucial link between marketing and sales. The BDR is responsible for developing, qualifying and nurturing leads. It will be the BDR’s responsibility to gather intelligence and profile relevant prospects and turn them into opportunities.
Who are we?
SIG is an independent technology-based consultancy firm delivering high-end software quality assurance solutions for enterprises around the globe. We believe we can make the world a better place by helping business and technology leaders create safer and healthier applications required to realise their organisational objectives. We are passionate about our offering, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at SIG means challenging yourself always to be better. To support our strategy, it's the marketing's department responded to build a robust prospect database and create (international) opportunities.
How we work
Leads get generated either by marketing, focused BDR’s, partners, consultants or by the Sales Executive own network.
The BDR is responsible for the lead follow up. You will be in direct contact with decision makers and stakeholders in the world’s largest companies. You will closely work together with other BDR’s, marketing, sales and consultants to identify, qualify and nurture business opportunities for SIG. A target is set in conjunction with your manager; e.g. ‘number of appointments’, ‘pipeline creation’ etc.
- Profiling accounts gather intelligence.
- Generating appointments for our sales team.
- Develop C-level business opportunities.
- Research accounts organisational structure and businesses to develop value propositions and opportunities.
- Orchestrate and run web presentations, and conference calls as required
- Marketing campaign follow-up.
- Enrich and maintain our salesforce database with details and insights.
- Prepare pipeline and forecasts reports.
- Prioritising the weekly actions and outcomes and reporting back the successes and challenges every week
- Attend trade shows and other sales and marketing events.
What's in it for you?
- Our company is growing fast and internationally, which will give you a unique possibility to create and work with an international talent pool.
- We have a flat organisational structure with room for entrepreneurship, initiative and creativity
- Work with the smartest people in the industry; highly educated people (all hold a Masters, 30% a PhD) of technology and software engineering enthusiasts in the only company in the world that has a laboratory accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 for software quality analysis.
- We provide competitive compensation.
Candidates should have a strong affinity for software to challenge prospects and customers. You will enjoy this position when you have perseverance and no fear of picking up the phone, engaging quickly with style without the need for a script.
- A proven track record (3+ years); experience in B2B lead generation and development of sales leads.
- Excellent phone and digital skills (Email, Excel, LinkedIn, CRM - salesforce.com).
- Communication and listening skills at a senior level. Ability to communicate at all levels of the prospect’s organisation.
- Ability to handle objections and not be phased by rejection. Self-motivated and target-driven and determined to exceed targets.
- Ability to overcome objections anthem into opportunities.
- Be pro-active to keep knowledge and skills up-to-date.
- Understanding of the Software Quality market and competition is a plus.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.